Wednesday, December 20, 2006

La Habra Car Wash

La Habra Car Wash, La Habra, CA.



In the top photo, the sign looks bad but you can see that beautiful row of steel pylons jutting up into the sky. Each pylon is matched with a palm tree. This car wash really announces itself, and I remember that I used to love to drive past it as a little kid. This Googie fascination started early!

In the second photo, you can see that twirling sign a little bit better. Unfortunately, I don't think it spins any more. At least, when I was there it wasn't.

La Habra 100% Hand Car Wash
1801 W Whittier Blvd
La Habra, CA 90631

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that hand car wash sign over there. Most consumers still opt for the works of the hands. Hand car wash – steam cleaning exterior and interior are services consumers demand most of the time.

Sallygadoola said...

Unfortunately for Googie afficionados the car wash was demolished a couple weeks ago!! I was sorry to see it go.