Friday, August 27, 2010

Hello!

Welcome to the Orange County Googie Archive!

Many of you may have been directed here by the Whittier Conservancy Newsletter and I welcome you to explore the blog, especially the posts relating to the Greater Whittier area.

EDIT: You can view my photos in the Whittier Concervancy Newsletter here. (PDF)

It's unfortunately been quite some time since I've updated this blog, but in a way it's like a time capsule of how these architectural landmarks used to look just a few years ago. In many cases, the primest examples of Mid Century and Googie architecture in Orange County and South LA County have become much more dilapidated in the past few years.

Please, enjoy the archives of this blog and don't hesitate to contact me personally if you have any questions, stories, or comments concerning Googie in Orange County!

Melissa Cruz

Shoot from the Hip! is a design studio specializing in identity, web design, marketing & social media for small businesses. Our goal is to produce simple, great work that will make your small business stand out.

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr

6 comments:

alhess said...

This is a great idea. Starting in the south, there are a couple of good Googie buildings on PCH in San Clemente. You've seen the OC section in the appendix to Googie Redux, right?

Chris Jepsen said...

What's going on with the Conservancy plans?

melissac. said...

Chris - I'm not sure what's going on with the conservancy, I just know that some photos from this blog are to be featured in the upcoming Whittier Conservancy newsletter.

Alan Hess - Wow! What an honor! I love my copy of Googie Redux! While I've pored over the images in the book, I unfortunately haven't been through the appendix. Now that I know, I'll try to make some time to stop and photograph a few of the spots in the book!

Brad Pit said...

I found this informative and interesting blog, so I think so it’s very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me. I really thought that blog is spreading its wings rapidly...
Real estate orange county

mesa plumbing said...

Homeowners and businesses in Mesa, Arizona will inevitably need a Mesa plumber at some point in time. And when they do, they will need the quick reaction and quality workmanship by a skilled, Arizona licensed plumber.

Gilbert plumber

Unknown said...

Many thanks for such a write-up. I undoubtedly cherished reading it and talk about this it to
banff accommodations